Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Super Woman

So I titled this entry "Super Woman" because I am feeling like anything but super woman this morning, and I need to find her!! I can't seem to get anything done--maybe that has to do with the fact that I am on the computer trying to avoid doing the stuff that I can't seem to get done--hum . . . I feel like I am in a cycle of being really productive one week, totally falling apart the next, then trying to pick up the pieces the next. Keeping that in mind--I am in week three of the cycle which means next week should be really productive (as long as it is only a three week cycle!)

I would like to know the secret for being highly productive all of the time. Come on, I know there are people who do it--at least it seems like they do. I never show up at their house at 12:00 noon when they haven't gotten in the shower, combed their hair, and can barely open the front door because of the piles of toys that have migrated to the front room in just the last two hours, or the diapers that a two year old thought were really fun to dump out of the diaper basket, but not so fun to pick up. I'm only relaying this story because this was my life yesterday when someone from the Relief Society came to my house to bring me a birthday card (early mind you--how come I can't even get out birthday cards to people period, let alone early??) I was upstairs when the doorbell rang and I was yelling downstairs "Don't you dare open that door!!!" Of course, you can't really pretend like your not home when you have great kids who look out the front window at the person standing on the porch and wave--love those kids!!!

So I answer the door. But what do I say?? Do I start with apologizing that I look like I've been run over by a train, or do I apologize for the toys that almost fell out the door as I opened it? I did neither. I just stood their embarrassed with the door only partially opened and thanked her for bringing the card. Then I closed the door and hit the shower, vowing that I would clean like a mad lady to make my house spotless, and make sure that I showered first thing the next morning so that I would never have to experience that embarrassment again!

So, you ask why I am again sitting here unshowered with a very messy house?? Not sure! Guess I wasn't embarrassed enough yesterday--could someone please ring the doorbell and help me out of this mess!!!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I had the carpet guy show up the other day and I answered the door in my bathrobe. My dog was barking her head off and I had to move my pile of dirty clothes so he could get down the stairs. I was completely embarrassed!

Stacy Brady said...

Dear Jen,
Thank you for making me feel better about my life. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.