With Halloween just around the corner, it's time to figure out costumes for four kids (not a fun project!) Spencer has wanted to be Iron Man, then batman, then some star wars character that I don't know--he has just kept changing his mind. I have not been excited about Iron Man since I'm not a real huge fan of $20 dorky looking costumes, and a huge part of the costume is the mask which he can't wear to the church halloween party, and which I really don't want him wearing trick-or-treating since he won't be able to see. I have really been hoping that Spencer would change his mind, but I wasn't prepared for this one . . .
Sunday morning Spencer came into our room first thing and got up on our bed. I talked with him for a while and then asked him what he wanted to be for halloween. (I was really just hoping he had changed from Iron Man to Batman.) The response I got surprised me--Spencer said "Grumpy Bear." "What?" I said. "What is grumpy bear?" Spencer then proceeded to explain "You know, mom. He's a blue bear, and he has a white tummy with a cloud on it." Then all of a sudden it clicked--he was talking about a Care Bear! My son wants to be a Care Bear for halloween! (It should have clicked sooner what he was talking about since I grew up in the Care Bear era where we had every Care Bear figure ever made, including the Care-A-Lot playground. I was a huge Care Bear fan!)
So, how was I supposed to respond to this request? I didn't really say anything. We just moved on to something else while I thought to myself "There is no way I'm letting my son be a Care Bear for halloween!"
Since this time, Spencer hasn't even mentioned the Care Bear thing--he's back to changing his mind between Iron Man, Batman, and that star wars character I don't even know. In the end I think Batman is going to win out with a little persuading from mom. I think Spencer and Matthew would make a great dynamic duo of Batman and Robin. I've got to get working on those costumes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment