Friday, October 10, 2008

Super Kids


Early this morning there was a quiet knock at our bedroom door and a giggle. When we opened the door, we found Spencer and Matthew dressed in their superhero capes and superhero hats (on backwards!) Emily got up shortly thereafter and then we had to have a picture! These sure are wiggly superheroes!



The story behind the hats . . . we bought the superhero hats right before we went on vacation in July. Daddy needed a new hat to cover his head since he gets burned on the top of his head within five minutes of being outside, and the boys wanted hats to be like daddy. When looking for hats, Daddy took Spencer and Matthew off with him to look for hats while Emily and I looked at something else. They returned shortly with my two superheroes--Spencer as Batman, and Matthew as Spiderman. I asked daddy where his hat was, and he said he couldn't find one. He went back to look again, and when he returned, he was Superman! No luck finding Emily a hat, so on to the next store . . .

Daddy took Emily off to look for a hat, and when she returned she was Supergirl! With everyone having a superhero hat, mommy had to have one too! Besides, I couldn't let Superman walk around without Superwoman!

When Stacy took family pictures for us, we had to try one with our superhero hats. They were pretty wiggly superheroes back then too, so we didn't get a great picture!

Family Pic w Hats

The story behind the capes . . .

I was at the church during a Super Saturday Relief Society for another ward where they were making these capes. I knew the kids would love them, and decided to make them for Christmas! With the help of my sister-in-law who can find anything on the internet, we found this website. Jim helped me start these after we put the kids to bed on Christmas Eve. Did I mention that these were a Christmas present??? Anyways, Jim's parents were here for Christmas and they helped us wrap presents while we started this crazy project (which we didn't end up finishing until Christmas day, but it was nice to have one more special present after everything else was unwrapped.) These capes are not hard to make--I just wouldn't recommend starting them the night before. Although, I do know another crazy person who happened to do the same thing the night before a birthday :) (Only because her boys were tying everything around their necks to be superheroes like their cousins. I almost made capes for them for the same birthday, but I would have ended up starting them the night before and decided not to--good thing I didn't!!)

pics of all the kids in superhero capes

No comments: