We are excited to serve this ward, but I still can't get over the mouthful of "Bishop Goostrey." Maybe we'll just stick with bishop!
The kids are excited that their daddy is the bishop and that he will be the one to interview probably our first three kids for baptism. I just can't get over the fact that our children are growing up. By the time Jim is done serving as bishop, Emily will be in Young Women's!! I just can't believe it! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that our life has not been this settled ever. During almost nine years of marriage we have lived in six different places and now we are actually staying somewhere. It is just amazing to me, but I do love the people in this area! I'm trying to adjust to this new calling and what it will bring for our family. Jim will be great!!
2 comments:
I continue to be impressed with the wonderful family my Andy joined when he married Amy. It is so wonderful to know that The Lord finds you worthy, capable and prepared for this responsibility.
Jim - you have a wonderful heart. Your sweet wife and family will support you every day and in every way. I know your mom and dad are so proud of you.
Thanks! We didn't do too bad either becoming a part of Drew's family. He was taught well and is a great example to us and our children. We feel blessed as well! Just so you know, we are never letting them move away from us!
Post a Comment