Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween this year was a lot of fun! We did our usual Halloween tradition of homemade rootbeer and spudnuts. The kids really looked forward to this since they were old enough to understand everything this year.

We took the kids trick-or-treating early and the weather was great when we went. Later it ended up raining and being windy, so we are glad we got out when we did. The kids ended up with tons of candy even though we only went to a few houses--I think some people just thought our kids were so cute they gave them a handful of candy rather than a piece of candy! (who can blame them?)

I had to abandon the idea of the dynamic duo because last week when I didn't get the Robin costume ready in time for the ward Halloween party, Matthew just went as a dinosaur. When I did get all the stuff to make the Robin costume, Matthew said "No, I want to be a dinosaur!" and refused to try on any Robin gear. Oh well, it simplified my job, and he does make one cute dinosaur!
This is our gang at the ward halloween carnival. Where are mom and dad's costumes?  We'll have to work on that one next year!
Dino Matthew

Bat Spencer

Duck Gabe

Witch Emily

Uncle Drew checking out our homemade doughnuts--he's trying to decide if he can fit one more in!

This was just too cute not to include

At the end of the night we found Matthew asleep on the couch, costume and all.  Shhh! Don't wake the dinosaur!

No comments: