Thursday, July 3, 2008

Today is Spencer's birthday. He's five. I made cinnamon rolls this morning at his request and he has been bouncing around all morning because he is excited about his birthday and having family come over for ice-cream and cake tonight. He is also convinced that you get toys on your birthday and he keeps telling me that he thinks he might be getting something today.

Spencer is probably our most excited child. He has been counting down to his birthday for weeks. Now that he understands how the calendar and days of the week work, he has been looking at the calendar and telling me how many days until his birthday. Last thursday he told me that it was just "one more week until my birthday, mom. It's next thursday!"

I asked him yesterday what he wanted to eat for dinner on his birthday. His favorite food is sloppy joes, so I already knew what he would say, but I asked him if he wanted sloppy joes or to go out for dinner and he said he wanted sloppy joes. Emily, being the great sister that she is, tried to convince Spencer that he should choose go out to dinner, but Spencer really just wants sloppy joes. What an easy child to please!

Spencer wants a batman cake, or at least he did yesterday. This morning he was telling me spiderman. I don't think he really cares, but is just plain excited. He was just in here a minute ago bouncing around and singing a little song to himself that it's going to be a great day!! I hope it is!!

No comments: