
Our cute kiddos!

We had a great back to school party with our homeschool friends and cousins. We made a pinata shaped like a pencil filled with candy and school supplies like pencils and erasers. There were a lot of kids there, so we divided into stations--an about me station and a puppet station. At the about me station, we made special "About Me" pages for each child with a picture we took that day, their handprint (or in Gabe's case his footprints), and age, height, and weight. They turned out so cute! We have ours taped on our kitchen wall for now!
At the puppet station, the kids made paper sack puppets for the Three Little Pigs story for the younger kids, and the older kids made up their own story which was: "The Father Troll and the Four Princesses" (this group consisted of one boy and four girls if you can't tell). The kids presented their puppet shows at the end of the party before we broke open the pinata. The puppet shows were great! Zach was the big bad wolf and he did a great job saying "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!" The princesses were great in their story with the story line coming to a point where the princesses had to climb over a wall, one of the girls yelled out "But I can't climb over that wall--I'm wearing high heels!"
Some people thought the party was more fun than others . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment