We also made heart shaped cookies and had intentions of taking them to some of our friends, but they were just too yummy and we ate too many and I didn't feel like making more--sorry :( We did however share with the cousins on date night. I wrote the names of all the kids on their own cookie and then called them downstairs to find their cookie and eat it. They thought that was pretty fun. Daniel ate his cookie by licking off all the frosting first. I didn't think he would actually eat the cookie after licking off every inch of frosting, but he did and was cute!
I let the kids make Valentines for some of their friends and then we delivered them as a family on Sunday. They had a great time and it was cute to see what they wrote and how they spelled it :) Emily got a little mushy in her first Valentine to her secret crush. It went something like this: "Happy Valentine's Day Aaron, I love you. From the girl that loves you." We told her it was way too mushy (she of course asked what "mushy" is), and I told her that if she gave that to him, he would never talk to her again. Her response was "Why?" then "Mom, he doesn't really talk to me that much anyways!" She ended up giving him a much toned-down version.
Jim and I were somewhat lame as far as actually celebrating the day. We have been so busy lately that neither one of us did a card or gift. Fortunately, it has never taken either of those things for us to know that we love each other and this year was no different! Jim did bring me home a plant yesterday and I brought home a box of chocolates (can't pass up that after Valentine's Day clearance!) I love you, Jim!
No comments:
Post a Comment