First thing this morning she came running into my room and told me that I had to come into her room at that exact moment to see something because she had "grown overnight!" I chuckled, got out of bed and went to look at her chart. She had indeed grown several inches overnight compared to yesterday's marking. I'm not sure how that happened, but my kids are growing (and apparently really fast!) She had to wake up Spencer and Matthew this morning to show them too, and they had to stand there to be measured. I wonder how many mornings we will get the wake-up call that Emily has "grown overnight!" I also wonder what will happen when she stops growing four inches in one night--oh, the disappointment!!!
Friday, February 13, 2009
My Kids are Growing!
Emily is always coming up with some paper creation. Her latest yesterday was a paper growth chart where she could keep track of how tall she is getting. She taped it up on her bedroom wall and drew a line to mark how tall she is--it said "Emily's Hite" (we haven't learned how to spell "height" yet, and although she can read that word, she obviously doesn't know how to spell it--still cute for a seven year old!) Along with the line, she also has some sort of a little paper cutout that she can move up the chart as she "grows."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment